- What women of color don’t need is another white person saying “Yes, Black Lives Matter” or “our company rejects racism.” What we need is more investors willing to ask: what can I do to change the system?
- Dedicating 15% of a venture fund is a platitude, a pat on the head, particularly when you consider that 46% of the country are people of color.
- This current environment also stifles economic growth and chokes off the true innovation we need.
- Stephanie Lee is a former staffer to former First Lady Michelle Obama and former product developer at the global brand, MAC Cosmetics.
- This is an opinion column. The thoughts expressed are those of the author.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Too many women of color are being asked to prove first that our ideas are worthy of investment, while white founders get the benefit of the doubt over